System Progressive Protection is a dodgy antivirus software which is actually a virus itself and It is designed by the cyber criminals to lure consumers into buying a fake software. System Progressive Protection virus enters forcefully in the computer bypassing your antivirus products and other security shields. Criminals behind such rogue products continue to change their products every other day so that genuine antivirus products can’t catch them so easily. They release a new variant of same malware everyday and before you update your anti-virus software, System Progressive Protection gets inside your computer and takes control over everything.
Keep in mind that rogue antivirus products like System Progressive Protection can not get inside your computer unless you make a mistake yourself. That mistake can be downloading something off the Internet which is actually malicious and System Progressive Protection is bundled with what you are downloading. This is the tendency of fake products, they get inside the computer as a legitimate download and once you execute the downloaded stuff, you becomes a victim of this scam which is designed to look legitimate.
System Progressive Protection looks like a legitimate application and If you don’t do further research on the product before buying it, you are sure to fall into this scam. System Progressive Protection does a fake scan of your computer and tells you that there are numerous infections on your computer and your passwords are being stolen by third parties. To fix all the threats, you’ll be convinced to buy full version of System Progressive Protection.
Here is screenshot of system progressive protection doing a bogus scan and showing a predetermined set of scan results :
Download Removal Tool and Save It as “Explorer.exe” On Desktop and Run It!
System Progressive Protection shows a pre-determined list of infections which are genuine and all the reports infections are nowhere present on your computer. This is just a scare tactic to get your worried so that you pull out your credit card and pay money to get rid of all the problems. We suggest you don’t pay attention to the bogus alerts popping up everywhere in your computer. System Progressive Protection virus is behind all the strange things happening in your computer. Here is what it does when active inside your computer :
1. It blocks all legitimate programs from running and tells you that they are infected with malware.You can’t even run Notepad when the program is running. Try to run it and you’ll get this alert :
2. It manipulates many settings inside your computer and even fake alerts pop-up from system tray :
3. It makes your computer slow and tries to download even more malware to your computer.
4. It won’t let you access Internet and block all the tools you might use against it.
5. You won’t be able to access registry editor, Task Manager or other applications which might help you remove it.
6. It will launch itself at startup and won’t give you a chance to close it.
7. Latest variants of System Progressive Protection are showing much aggressive behavior and even running in Safe Mode.
8. It will force you to purchase the product all the time and every second pop-up will push you to purchase the software. Their purchase page looks like :
9. Lots of different scary alerts will pop-up and better ignore all those messages and warnings without a second thought.
System Progressive Protection is a fake software and can’t help you with anything. Before your computer gets infected with more dangerous malware, remove this fake product and all its traces now to get your computer in good shape again. You can follow the removal steps in next part of the guide.
How To Remove System Progressive Protection
Before the malware invades your computer, you can remove it yourself by following the removal guidelines outlined below. These removal methods are 100% tested against the malware and work all the time without any fail. We’ve tested these methods ourselves before publishing them on the website. You can see the removal video below just to know how the removal process works.
There are two removal methods you can utilize to get rid of System Progressive Protection and we’ll outline both removal methods below. First removal method is by far the most popular one and doesn’t require any sort of work on your side. Second removal method is tedious and It is less efficient in most cases.
1. Automatically Remove System Progressive Protection
As you can understand yourself, this method is all about removing the malware with a genuine and trusted anti-malware application. Scammers are coming up with new malware everyday while security companies are releasing new updates everyday to combat with the malware. You can remove System Progressive Protection automatically by following these steps :
A) When this bogus software is running in your computer, click on Start—>Run and type “http://www.rogueavremovals.com/remover.php” and click OK button. Alternatively, you can also click on this button :
B) This will start downloading the removal tool from our website. Save the file you are downloading as “explorer.exe” on desktop. Please note that you MUST save the file as “explorer.exe” and If you’ve downloaded it with a different name, rename the file to “explorer.exe”.
You might be wondering why we are stressing so much on the file name? This is because System Progressive Protection can’t close critical processes of Windows and “explorer.exe” is one of them. It is a trick to fool the malware into thinking that you are running a windows process while in reality you are launching a software to assassinate it.
C) After downloading “explorer.exe” on desktop, double click over it and you’ll see that System Progressive Protection will get terminated automatically. Please note that the software is not out from your computer but closed temporarily so that It can’t interfere with removal process.
D) Now the download of Spy Hunter will automatically start and you need to wait for a few minutes until the software is fully installed in your computer. Once the software is installed, do a full scan of your computer and It will catch all the instances of System Progressive Protection malware as well as all the other threats hiding inside your computer. Here are the scan results showing malware inside the computer :
Here is the removal video of System Progressive Protection from our research lab. See this video to learn how to remove the malware :
B) How To Remove System Progressive Protection Manually
Removing System Progressive Protection manually is a tedious task and requires lot of efforts on your part. If you are not well versed with computers, following manual removal steps may create even more problems. Manual removal means, you need to remove everything yourself without any from other means. If you are leaning towards removing System Progressive Protection manually, please keep in mind the followings :
1. Manual removal is not always successful and success rate is low compared to automatic removal method.
2. If you are not sure how to edit registry and delete files, don’t do anything based on your guesswork.
3. It is nearly impossible to catch all strains of the virus manually because you can’t check every single file on PC.
4. Manual removal steps may get outdated at anytime If malware changes its way of working.
5. Manual removal can invite additional problems If not followed correctly.
Here are the manual removal steps and please follow them carefully :
1. Download Process Explorer and save it as “explorer.exe” on desktop. Process Explorer is a utility from Microsoft which works exactly as Task Manager.
2. After downloading Process Explorer, click on “explorer.exe” to launch Process Explorer. Locate the process of System Progressive Protection (It will have strange file name), right click over it and select “End Process Tree”. Click “Yes” on the appeared dialog box. This will close System Progressive Protection forcefully.
3. Now locate these malicious files on your computer and delete them :
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>.exe
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>.ico
Search for suspicious files in above folders and delete them. make sure that you delete the files manually so that you don’t face additional problems with your computer.
4. Run Registry Editor (Click on Start—>Run, type “regedit” and click OK) and delete startup entries of malware :
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce “<random numbers and chars>”
Please note that Registry Editor is the essential part of your computer and editing it incorrectly may cause serious further problems to your computer.
5. After removing the malicious registry entries, look inside more folders on your computer to make sure there are no strains of virus on your computer. It is always beneficial to scan your computer with a software to make sure nothing is left on your computer.
After following above steps, your computer should be back on track. If you follow any problems with manual removal steps, you can always try automatic removal method instead. If you’ve any questions or concerns, please post here and we’ll answer those publicly.