System Care Antivirus is a bogus malware application designed to scam unsuspecting users by threatening them and then forcing them to buy the rogue application. System Care Antivirus looks exactly same as its previous successor named System Progressive Protection.
System Care Antivirus spreads via hacked websites and malicious downloads. It can’t get inside your computer automatically but something from your side has to trigger its infection. It is likely that recently you’ve downloaded something off the Internet and that download came bundled with System Care Antivirus. If you download that so called free stuff from Internet, your computer can easily catch infections like System Care Antivirus. You think that you’re getting something for free but when you open the downloaded stuff, System Care Antivirus gets activated and start bothering you.
Once running in your computer, it will block everything and fake security alerts will start popping up from everywhere. Before you fully understand about what is happening, you’ll see System Care Antivirus on your screen doing a bogus scan and showing numerous infections. All the reported infections are fake and actually there is no malicious stuff on your computer. It is System Care Antivirus trying to fool you so that you buy its full version and pay money to scammers. This scare tactics work really well and If you don’t enquire about System Care Antivirus, you might also pull out your credit card and buy a fake software which is of no use.
System Care Antivirus will also show bogus alerts like :
Spyware.IEMonster activity detected.
This is spyware that attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook and other programs. Click here to remove it immediately with System Care Antivirus.
System Care Antivirus Firewall Alert
System Care Antivirus Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the Internet. Internet Explorer Internet Browser is infected with worm SVCHOST.Stealth.Keyloger. This worm is trying to send your credit card details using Internet Explorer Internet Browser to connect to remote host.
System Care Antivirus Warning
Your PC is still infected with dangerous viruses. Activate antivirus protection to prevent data loss and avoid the theft of your credit card details.
Warning: Your computer is infected
Detected spyware infection! Click this message to install the last update of security software…
You shouldn’t pay attention to any of these alerts as these alerts are totally manufactured by System Care Antivirus. There is nothing such happening in your computer and these alerts are just to scare you so that you start believing that something malicious is going on with your computer. Read next part of this removal guide to learn how to remove System Care Antivirus quickly and easily.
How To Remove System Care Antivirus
System Care Antivirus blocks Task Manager as well as all other programs to make its removal much harder. If you’re a new computer user, you might not be able to remove System Care Antivirus easily If you don’t seek professional help. We’ve experiment with this malware in our research lab and tried two removal methods which are :
A. Automatic Removal Method
B. Manual Removal Method
We recommend Automatic Removal method because It is much easier to follow as well as way more effective than manual removal method. You can read more about both removal methods below.
A) Automatic Removal Method
As the name implies, this removal method is all about using automatic tools to remove the malware. You’ll need to use a genuine anti-malware program and scan your computer to get rid of all the malware hiding in your computer. This method is very effective as you’ll be able to remove System Care Antivirus as well as other malicious threats from your computer very easily. Here is how to proceed with Automatic Removal :
1. When System Care Antivirus is running in your computer, please click on Start—>Run, type “http://www.rogueavremovals.com/remover.php” (without quotation marks) and click OK button. This will start downloading removal tool from our servers. Alternatively, you can also click on this button to start the download and save the downloaded file as “explorer.exe” on desktop.
Please note that you must save the file as “explorer.exe” and I’ll tell you why. Explorer.exe is the name of a critical Windows process and System Care Antivirus doesn’t block files having this name. Therefore, If you save the removal tool as “explorer.exe” you can easily use it against this malware.
2. After downloading and saving the downloaded file as “explorer.exe”, please double click over it and you’ll see that System Care Antivirus will get terminated forcefully. Please keep in mind that the malware is not out yet but just not running temporarily in your computer.
3. Follow the instructions shown on screen to install the removal tool completely and then do a Full Scan of your computer to discover what is hiding in your computer. Full scan will automatically uncover System Care Antivirus as well as lots of other threats which might be hiding in your computer since quite some time.
4. When Full Scan is complete, click on “Fix Threats” button and get rid of all the malware easily. Now reboot your computer and that’s it. Now you can use your computer same as before without any interruptions.
B) Manual Removal Method
Manual removal is all about using your own knowledge to get rid of the malware and this method can be risky at times. If you don’t know how to find the infected files and correct registry entries, you won’t be able to remove the malware fully. On the other hand, If you leave traces of the malware on your computer, System Care Antivirus will return back in no time and start bugging you again.
For this reason, please follow manual removal steps at your own risk and don’t delete any files just because you think that they are infected.
1. Before you do anything else, you need to stop System Care Antivirus from running in your computer so that It can’t interfere with removal process. To terminate System Care Antivirus forcefully, you need to download Process Explorer and save it as “explorer.exe” on desktop. Once you’ve got Process Explorer on your computer, run it and End task System Care Antivirus.
2. Now find these malicious files and delete them permanently :
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>.exe
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>.ico
Please don’t delete any files from your computer If you feel that you’re deleting the wrong onces.
3. After deleting malicious files, edit the registry and remove malicious registry entries so that malware can’t launch itself at startup. To run registry editor, click on “Start—>Run” type, “regedit” and click OK button.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce “<random numbers and chars>”
If you follow manual removal steps correctly, you should be able to remove System Care Antivirus. Please also keep in mind that manual removal instructions may get outdated at anytime. Although we try to keep the removal guides fresh but If the malware changes its way of working, you can always try your hands on Automatic Removal as this method is supposed to work all the time. If you’ve any questions, please feel free to post them here.