System Doctor 2014 is a bogus antivirus program from the same family who created System Care Antivirus and other similar rogue products. They have stopped distributing System Care Antivirus now and replaced it with System Doctor 2014 to infect thousands of computers. This time the Rogue.WinWebSec family has completely replaced the user interface of their fake software and came up with a new interface which actually looks more ‘genuine’ for naïve users to fall into this scam. This tricky software pop-up all of a sudden and makes changes in system settings for its own benefit so that you cannot actually remove it easily. For some time, It may feel like a legitimate antivirus program but this scam software is just designed to extort money from unsuspecting users.
System Doctor 2014 is invented by cyber criminals to infect user’s machine and then tell them to purchase full version of System Doctor 2014 in order to remove the infections. When System Doctor 2014 is inside your computer, It will do a so called scan of your computer and report numerous bogus infections. It pretends itself as a genuine anti-malware tool but It is actually an unwanted software which is just trying to get your money by scaring you with false alerts. System Doctor 2014 will constantly scan your computer and keep reporting numerous infections in your computer. When you’re working on your PC, It will show loads of false security alerts to scare you so that you buy full version of System Doctor 2014.
System Doctor 2014 spreads to your computer when you are browsing unsafe websites and download something malicious from those websites. The infection is also spread via hacked websites which can install the software in your computer without your knowledge or permission by exploiting software vulnerabilities in your computer. You may also get such kind of rogue programs in your computer If you are used to download music, movies and other similar stuff from un-trusted sources. Such free stuff can come bundled with malware and thus you are a very easy target for scammers. The offer something for free and get your attention very easily.
With every System Startup, System Doctor 2014 will run automatically and take over your computer. It will block Task Manager, Registry Editor and other helpful programs which might help you in removing the rogue program. It will continuously show you alerts that your computer is in very bad shape and System Doctor 2014 is your friend while the truth is something else. You’ll see bogus alerts like :
Warning! Infected file detected.
Location: File System
File name: notepad.exe
Level of Threat: 4
Behavior description: Destroys and infects system files.
To keep this computer safe, the threat must be blocked.
Recommendation: You are using a limited version of System Doctor 2014. Please activate System Doctor 2014 to resist all virus threats efficiently.
Warning! The site you are trying visit may harm your computer!
Your security setting level puts your computer at risk!
Activate System Doctor 2014, and enable safe web surfing (recommended).
Ignore warnings and visit that site in the current state (not recommended).
Don’t get worried from these warnings and alerts as they are manufactured and nothing such is happening in your computer. Once you get rid of this rogue program, everything will start working once again in your computer. There is nothing wrong with your computer but this malware is showing like your computer is in very bad condition.
If you’ve already bought System Doctor 2014 without a second thought, don’t worry and call your credit card company to dispute the transaction. Explain the situation to them and you’ll certainly get your money back. Read next part of removal guide to learn how to remove System Doctor 2014 very easily.
How To Remove System Doctor 2014
System Doctor 2014 blocks all legitimate programs in your computer so that you can’t remove it easily. If you are not an computer expert, you might have hard time removing System Doctor 2014. We have tested this malware in our research lab and recommend these removal methods :
A. Automatic Removal
B. Manual Removal.
Automatic Removal method is based on using a genuine anti-malware tool while manual removal method is based on removing the malware manually using your own knowledge. We recommend Automatic Removal because It is fast, easy and removes all traces of malware very easily. You can read more about both removal methods below :
A. How To Remove System Doctor 2014 Automatically
Automatic Removal method is extremely easy to follow and guarantees complete removal of the malware. If you follow this method, you’ll end up scanning all files on your computer and when the removal is done, you can be sure that no threat is hiding in your computer. Automatic Removal method is also capable of catching other threats which you might now know about. Here is how to remove System Doctor 2014 Automatically :
1. First of all, you need to download Process Explorer to terminate System Doctor 2014 so that It can’t interfere with removal process. To do that, click on Start—>Run, type “http://www.rogueavremovals.com/explorer.exe” (without quotation marks) and click OK button. This will start downloading Process Explorer from our website.
Please note that you must save the downloaded file as “explorer.exe” and I’ll tell you why this is so important. When you save the downloaded file as “explorer.exe” this malware can’t block it since Explorer.exe is also name of a critical Windows Process.
2. After downloading Process Explorer on desktop, double click over it and run it. See the list of active running processes and locate a process having strange name (See the Screenshot Below). Right Click over that process and select “Kill Process Tree” and then click on OK button.
As soon as you click on “OK” button, System Doctor 2014 will get terminated forcefully. Please note that System Doctor 2014 is not removed yet but just not running temporarily. Don’t restart your computer yet and follow next steps.
3. Now download Spy Hunter by clicking the button below which remove System Doctor 2014 and all other malware from your computer. It is very important to scan all files since your computer has been compromised badly by this malware.
4. After downloading Spy Hunter, please install it in your computer by following the instructions shown on screen. Once you are done installing the software, please do a Full Scan of your computer to discover all the threats which might be hiding in your computer.
Full scan will automatically scan all the files in your computer and remove System Doctor 2014 as well as other threats which might be hiding in your computer. Here is a screenshot from our research lab :
5. When Full Scan is complete, click on “Fix Threats” button and this will remove System Doctor 2014 as well as all other threats from your computer. Now reboot your computer and you can use all the programs same as before without any problems.
B. How To Remove System Doctor 2014 Manually
System Doctor 2014 is a malicious program and we suggest that only expert computer users opt for manual removal method. This is because manual removal of System Doctor 2014 requires you to edit the registry and delete the infected files manually.
If you don’t know how to edit the registry, we don’t suggest doing this as you’re modifying a core part of your computer and editing it incorrectly may cause your computer to stop booting altogether. Also, don’t delete any files unless you are sure that those files are related to the malware. Take help from a computer expert If you don’t know what you are doing.
Please follow these steps carefully at your own risk :
1. First of all, you need to stop System Doctor 2014 from running in your computer so that It can’t interfere with the removal process. To terminate System Doctor 2014, please download Process Explorer and save it as “explorer.exe” on desktop. After downloading Process Explorer, run it, locate the process related to malware and End Task it.
Please note that malware is not out of your computer but just not running temporarily. If you reboot your computer at this stage, the malware will launch itself at startup. Therefore, before removing the malware completely, don’t restart your computer.
2. After terminating System Doctor 2014, please locate these malicious files remove them permanently :
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>.exe
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>.ico
Please be extra cautious when you are deleting files off your computer. Make sure that you don’t delete any System Files because that can cause more trouble to you later.
3. After deleting infected files from your computer, edit the registry and remove the startup registry entry so that malware can’t launch itself at startup. To run registry editor, click on “Start—>Run” type, “regedit” and click OK button.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce “<random numbers and chars>”
Please edit the registry carefully and don’t mess up with other keys in the Registry.
Please note that manual removal steps might not work all the time If you don’t delete all the infected files on your computer. Please also keep in mind that malware may change its way of working in future and thus manual removal steps may get outdated. To get rid of the malware completely, we recommend Automatic Removal method at anytime because of its effectiveness against this malware.